Monday, September 12, 2011

Welcome Back

Welcome back to the blog! Now that I'm no longer putzing around farmer-land, which I loved but which offered very little in the way of motivation for writing, I will do my best to respond to the request(s) of my loyal fan(s) to get this thing up and running again.

Why, you ask? Because I am in Geneva, my friend. Geneva, Switzerland. For the next four months. 

I'm here to take an advanced certificate in Reformation Studies at the Institut d'histoire de la Réformation at the Université de Genève. Yes, my classes will be in French. Yes, I speak it. Sort of. Yes, I am completely out of my mind.

More about that later.

There's lots to say, but since I got very little sleep the night before I left and even less on the plane last night, I'm going to keep this short. I'm hoping that running on next to no sleep for a few days in a row will allow me to beat my body clock into submission almost instantly and thereby avoid the horrible experience I had last year in Ireland, where I had a bad case of jetlag that lasted ten friggin days. No thanks, not again. Crossing my fingers on this one.

My residence is nice, and I've started to settle in a bit, but more on that later; and I found a judo club that is literally 3 short blocks from my front door and has practice 4 days a week!!! But more on that later.

But basically, I'm here, the blog is back, and I'm going to try to go to bed. I dunno what time it is where you are but here it's 9:35pm which means I've been up for too many days.

Details about all kinds of stuff to come in a later post, very soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment