Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Relaxing In The Country

Well geez, I guess there's not really much to say. That's why I haven't updated in, what, a week? We've been having some weird weather out here on the Island. There was a huge warm front that moved in off the Atlantic ocean over the last few days. While everyone else in North America was getting pounded by snow, we just had some rain, high winds, and very warm temperatures. The thermometer is starting to drop back into seasonal temperatures, though, so I guess that's a good thing. Unseasonable weather always makes me kind of nervous.

So I've just been running around getting errands done and that sort of thing. I submitted my thesis proposal to my prof on Saturday morning - the first draft - and I have yet to hear back from him. I'm a little nervous, because I didn't think it was very good but I couldn't figure out how to make it better, which is why I sent it to him, but he's usually hyper-quick about getting back to me, so I don't know if he's in exams or just can't figure out where to start with the comments on my paper. Eek! So I'm a little anxious. But I'd really rather just get this out of the way so that I can get going on the writing process.

And I got to ride a horse on Saturday. My sister goes riding to exercise a couple of fat horses most weekends. But one of them has bad eyesight, so my sister likes to lead the horse around the field a few times before she gets on her, that way the horse is less nervous and easier to handle. So after the first walk around I asked if I could just sit on the horse while my sister led her. So I did. I can't ride horses properly - I'm a little scared of them, and I don't have the magic touch that my sister has because she's been around horses her whole life, plus if I sit on a horse for too long my hips and knees start to hurt. But it was nice to be up there getting led around at a gentle walking pace. I'll have to go back again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment