Saturday, October 30, 2010

Reflections

Tomorrow is Halloween.

In 8 days, I will turn 24. It seems so much older than 23.

In 373 days, I will tun 25. I try not to think about that, though.

The leaves are still beautiful.

Today after lunch, I will bike to the beach. I feel restless, and being near moving water always helps.

Actually, my bike riding has improved considerably. The first several times I went to judo, I would spend most of the time in 3rd gear, and I always had to stop somewhere along the hill (okay, the "very slight incline that you don't notice unless you're on a bike") on the way home. And when I got home, I would be dog-tired. But last night, despite being so tired and hungry after practice that I was shaking, I rode all the way home in 5th gear, even up the hill, and was not even out of breath when I got to the house. I've also become a lot more comfortable with things like changing lanes, riding with one hand while I signal, turning right (remember that we drive on the left side of the road here) while moving with the traffic, etc. One sad thing about going back to PEI is that I won't be able to ride my bike anymore. The other sad thing is that I won't have an awesome judo club anymore. But that's it for the sad things. I'm going home in 6 weeks and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment