Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Random Collection of Thoughts

I have not updated in 3 days. I am so very, very lazy.

Not much to report, really. My worldly belongings are slowly being sucked into a vortex in my living room, which now contains more stuff than my bedroom, which I guess is a good thing because it means that I'm more than halfway done. Yay!

Now I'm going to go cook a massive amount of chili and store it in washed-out yogurt containers, so that I can pack up all of my kitchen stuff. I forgot that, today being Tuesday, that means that tomorrow is Wednesday, and therefore my brother will be arriving the day after in order to take many of my things away, including all the kitchen stuff that isn't yet packed.

And as a closing story, I had a classic Kathryn moment today. I went to judo and was having a super hard time. I didn't feel tired in general, but I was doing the warmups and kept having to stop because I felt like I wasn't getting enough oxygen. So I took my inhaler even though it didn't feel like asthma, and went back to the mat, and just continued pooping out and only completing about 40% of the workout. Things got a little better as the class went on, but I kept having to rest. Mr. Cute Mexican and Mr. Tough French Guy Sensei were both there, and kept asking me if I was alright and wanted to take a break. Of course, besides stroking my own ego, the whole reason I wanted to do well today was to impress both of those dudes, too. Major backfire, when it results in my falling all over the mat, dropping from exhaustion and having to work out with one of the old guys because I can't otherwise keep up.

Well, on my way to the metro after class, it suddenly occurred to me that the reason I was so tired and lacking in oxygen is because I had donated blood just 24 hours earlier, and I was therefore running at only 92% capacity. Der.

But I do dumb stuff like this all the time. One of these days, I'll get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment