Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday Night Ramblings

Oh Gawd, I spent like a million bucks on new glasses today. I'm surprised my credit card didn't catch fire in the process. Whatever, I've had these ones for three years. The problem is, I'm practically blind, so it's not so much the glasses which are expensive but the damn lenses cost over $200 apiece. If I were to get laser eye surgery, it would pay for itself in 2 or 3 years. The problem is, if I continue as an academic, I'll just ruin my eyes again by reading and working at computers. Bah.

In other news, we had a petit appertif tonight after judo, because two of the guys had babies in the last few months. It was really nice. The beer and wine was flowing, there were classy little hors d'oeuvres, and I got to hold babies which is obviously the most important thing.

Oh, and one of the guys decided to launch an apologetic to me about why he doesn't go to church. That was partly my fault; I made the mistake of telling him I study theology. But seriously, do I have to walk around with a sign on my forehead that says "Yes I wish you would go to church but only if you mean it and otherwise I don't care so let's just enjoy our beers"? I cannot even tell you the number of times this has happened to me. In bars. With strangers. My goodness. The number of evangelization opportunities I waste ... I hope it's not counted against me. Saint Anthony, pray for me. A lot.

Dear everyone: I am not a priest. You cannot confess to me. Also, I am socially awkward. Thank you for listening.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment